This is the second part of the article. We recommend reading the first part before you continue. You can find the beginninng of the text here.
Now that we have listed some suggestions on what to look for in a laptop for esports games, we’re going to present some specific examples worth consideration. Since the word “affordable” will mean something different to each of us, we decided to group the PCs depending on their price segment. The prices and availability are based on amazon.com. However, we strongly recommend checking your local shops for the availability and pricing of the presented models instead of buying from Amazon – the prices might be better (especially when you consider the delivery) as most if not all of Amazon’s gaming PCs are sold with Win 10. As mentioned in the first part of the article, you might be better off buying the system separately.
It also makes sense to treat the laptops below as a template, and even if you cannot find a specific model near you, you may want to find one with similar specs.
Gaming laptops for under $1,000
• 2021 ASUS TUF 15.6" FHD Premium Gaming Laptop, 10th Gen Intel Quad-Core i5-10300H, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, GeForce GTX 1650Ti 4GB GDDR6, RGB Backlit Keyboard, Win10 Home+Oydisen Cloth - link, price $949.99
o worth noting: includes 16 GB of RAM and a 1 TB SSD
• Acer Nitro 5 Gaming Laptop, 10th Gen Intel Core i5-10300H,NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 Ti, 15.6" Full HD IPS 144Hz Display, 8GB DDR4,256GB NVMe SSD,WiFi 6, DTS X Ultra,Backlit Keyboard,AN515-55-59KS - link, price $729.99
o worth noting: only 256 SSD, but has another M.2 slot so you can expand, the bare minimum amount of RAM (8GB), but has one free slot for a later upgrade
• HP Pavilion 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop (1920x1080) FHD 144Hz , Intel Core i5-10300H, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti with Max-Q Design, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD+32GB Optane, Windows 10 Home – link, price $899.99
o worth noting: the 1660 Ti offers better performance (more FPS) than the 1650 Ti and has more memory (6GB vs 4GB) making sure the laptop will handle future games better, but on the other hand it has 2x4GB of system ram (no free slots left) so if you would like to upgrade in the future, you would have to replace at least one stick (to have 4GB + 8GB) or both (to have 2x8GB).
• MSI GF65 Thin 9SEXR-839 i5-9300H/RTX2060/8GB/512G/Win10 Gaming Laptop, 15-15.99 inches – link, price $949.00
o worth noting: features the most powerful GPU we were able to find in this price segment – the RTX 2060 with 6GB of video RAM, only 8GB of RAM, but it has one free slot so you can expand
Gaming laptops for $1,000-1,200
• Acer Nitro 5 15 2020 Premium Gaming Laptop, 15.6" FHD IPS Display, 9th Gen Intel 6-Core i7-9750H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060,16GB DDR4 RAM, 512GB PCIE SSD, Bundle with Woov Bag-Windows 10 Home – link, price: $1,147.07
o worth noting: a step forward in almost every way, the i7 is a 6-core CPU with faster speeds than the i5 (which features 4 cores), the RTX 2060 is a powerful GPU with 6 GB of video RAM, 16GB RAM so no future upgrade needed
• MSI GF65 Thin 9SEXR-838 (i7-9750H, 16GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD, RTX 2060 6GB, 15.6" 144Hz FHD, Windows 10) Gaming Notebook – link, pice: $1,079.00
o worth noting: from a gamer’s perspective, it offers very similar hardware at a significantly lower price, one difference is that it does not offer the newest WiFi standard like the Acer above (ac vs the more modern ax), but this is not a dealbreaker in any way
• ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 Gaming and Entertainment Laptop (AMD Ryzen 9 4900HS 8-Core, 16GB RAM, 1TB PCIe SSD, NVIDIA RTX 2060 Max-Q, 14.0" Full HD (1920x1080), WiFi, Win 10 Pro) with Harrier GT300 – link, price: $1,149.00
o worth noting: features a very powerful Ryzen 7 CPU with 8 cores, a lot of storage space – 1 TB NVMe SSD, as well as the newest ax WiFi
The laptops presented in the second segment should have no problems running all esports titles we mentioned in the first part of the article with maximum details at 1080p, with at least 60fps. Laptops in the lower segment will struggle at maximum settings with some of the more demanding games, but will provide a smooth experience after reducing some of the visual quality.
We hope you find this article useful. Make sure to follow us for more news regarding gaming tech.